Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara Waterproof...

Is it just me or did this mascara use to give more volume?

I rarely wear waterproof mascaras and in fact I just can't recall using a formula other than this one. I may have tried other drugstore options but that was so long ago that I can't remember which, it's just not coming to me. Over the years I've repurchased this one maybe four or five times which for some reason I didn't mention in my first review of it, here. It was an ok go to for when I needed my mascara to stay put and in my memory I'm quite sure it kept the curl...

L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara, Waterproof...




Not what I remembered...

Again, I rarely wear waterproof but now I get the feeling I won't have any other choice since almost all the regular formulas I've tried recently don't seem to hold the curl even when heating my lash curler. Some of my old favorites aren't doing much better either. Are my lashes getting even stiffer? I hope not! Of course at this time of year, heat and humidity aren't helping much and so last week I decided to replace my L'Oréal Voluminous Waterproof from last year and at $5.99 I figured I'd be good for summer for cheap. Since my last trial was a bust, L'Oréal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof reviewed recently, here, I thought this old standard would be fine.

Just like in my original review, the brush is just fine and it does give good length but it doesn't provide much volume! Duh! It's called Voluminous!!! Why did I like this mascara I have no idea!

Am I starting to suffer from Alzheimer?

I thought it not only held the curl but was black enough, thickening enough... Not so but what does remain the same is... Oh what a pain to remove!!!

To give my lashes more oomph I have to apply some Clinique or Dior on the tips otherwise they are practically non existent! Even doing this, the effect doesn't last and so after five hours or so my lashes don't have much volume and barely any curl.

Bottom line, I'm sorry about my previous review, or am I? Seems to me it used to do good on my lashes but not anymore. L'Oréal Infaillible Lacquer Liner in Dark Slate remains my ultimate HG liner (I have two backups of it) but I think I'm done with the brand's mascaras except for Voluminous Million Lashes Excess which I reviewed last year, here. I was considering trying the new Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara but after reading my new bloguerette friend Lena of Lenalure's review, here, I'll pass and keep my wallet happy! :)

Any old favorites you feel have changed or don't perform as well as they used to?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...