Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 10...

I'm done with this winter thing!

This Friday we got about 15 cm of snow which I didn't mind about much but I'm tired of the cold!

Enough!

I've been rather quiet on the blogosphere and Twitter recently because after weeks of fighting it and being an almost germaphobe whipping everything with disinfecting wipes, even at the office, my body gave up and so I caught a cold! On Monday I had to leave work early because I felt nauseous, Thursday and Friday I was all stuffed up and feverish. No coughing, no throat ache but all yuck! This is a weird one and I hope it'll go fast. Catherine had it a few weeks ago and it was bad! I'm glad to say that today I'm feeling better so hopefully the worst is behind me and this week I'll be a little more "there". :)

Here's a question for you... What do you think about applying your makeup in public?

This has been on the back of my mind for over a month now and this morning Gio from Beautiful With Brains, asked the question in her Sunday Random Ramblings weekly post.

Every day I take the metro to go to work and since it's public transportation I get to see all sorts of people. Some are fully awake and some, well, you wonder if they slept at all. I don't read or listen to music in the metro, I discretely observe. What can I say, it's my contemplative nature.

What does this have to do with applying makeup in public you say? Well, there's a young woman who applies a full face of makeup every morning in the metro! I kid you not! Eye shadow, liner, mascara, blush, powder and lipstick! The only things missing are concealer and foundation but then maybe she puts these on as well before she reaches my stop I just don't know. What amazes me the most is that she does an excellent job despite the crowd and the sometimes abrupt stops the train makes. Oh and I almost forgot, she does this with a tiny little round mirror!

What about you, would you do this?

Me? No! I will discretely reapply lipstick and powder my nose but that's it! :)

This week's makeup love...




My NARS Fairy's Kiss palette has truly become a staple lately. That little goldish pink, the upper middle shadow and the purple next to it make an easy and pretty everyday look that I'm loving a lot at the moment.

The Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Khaki combined with Diorshow Mirage and Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Caviar Ink is very classy. It takes a little longer to apply due to the cream formula but the result is a very polished look.

New is the NARS concealer which will be reviewed this week.

Chanel Le Vernis in #609 Coup de Coeur has become an instant favorite and with a top coat lasts pretty much all week.

Also not yet reviewed is L'Occitane en Provence hand cream. Love! Deep moisture combined with a beautiful comfy fragrance, it's become my go to at bed time.

New additions...

At the beginning of the week I picked up NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer because my Rimmel concealer is just nowhere to be found these days. On Friday I took advantage of the Clinique Bonus at The Bay and purchased the All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette which just might get a bit of daily love because not only are the colors beautiful but the textures are bordering dreamy. Reviews coming up soon.

What I have my eyes on...

Clinique Cheek Pop! I just couldn't make up my mind this week on which color(s) to get! They are so adorably cute and the textures are beautiful! I may also make a stop at Clarins' counter for a new cleanser. Catherine still doesn't like the Vichy Pureté Thermale Purifying Foaming Cream so I've been thinking about getting her either the Pure Melt Cleansing Gel or the Gentle Foaming Cleanser for Normal/Combination skin.

For your viewing enjoyment...

This one is totally random but oh so funny!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqYUTTqupOY


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...